Bon Matin is a pioneering brand of grain and cereal breads that began in the 1970s and is now well known to Quebec consumers.
Its parent company, Canada Bread, consolidated its portfolio of grain and diet products in Quebec in March 2019 under a single brand of whole grain bread, Bon Matin, and transferred its products from Boulange des Campagnards to a Bon Matin sub-brand called La mie de l'artisan.
Collaborating with Bon Matin since 2016, Capital-Image's mandate in 2019 was to promote products with no added fat and no added sugar in order to maintain sales volume. The campaign was a great success and Bon Matin decided to invest in promoting its new brand.
Bon Matin La mie de l'artisan is a gourmet product that tastes great. Our strategy was therefore to invite people to taste the pleasure of eating well, by savouring a artisan-style bread. We wanted to give consumers a unique experience with which they could enjoy the product in the best circumstances.
To do this, we developed several tactics:
- Complete redesign of the Bon Matin La mie de l'artisan street truck;
- Partnership with renowned Quebec chef Martin Juneau, which consisted of creating recipes and integrating the product into his restaurants;
- Association with the Illumi event where chef Martin Juneau was to distribute samples of his recipes inside the street truck;
- Analysis of the behaviour of the target clientele on social networks and creation of strategic content to promote the bread, as well as the events.
The magnificent decor of the street truck allowed us to benefit from a strategic location in Illumi.
Visitors were thrilled to meet Chef Martin Juneau and to have the opportunity to taste his recipes, carefully selected according to the brand.
A total of 3,500 samples were distributed during the 3 days of activation.
- We generated 8 million impressions through content published on social networks promoting the program.
- Sales of Bon Matin La mie de l'artisan bread continued to increase significantly.
- Bon Matin was named a finalist in the Precursor Product category and won the public's choice in the same category for the 2020 DUX Grand Prix.